Thursday 10 November 2011

A Punitive Expedition....Part 6

Before launching into the account of the Battle of Keder Sirt (hopefully this evening) and in order to keep the resultant post to a manageable length I should first take the opportunity to make a couple of salient points. The version of the Portable Wargame by Bob Cordery I have used is in fact version one and not the latest set. This was entirely my fault as I have the latter version safely downloaded and stored on my PC but never got around to printing them off and replacing the first set in my rules folder! Apologies in advance then, for any confusion this may cause!


The account of the battle has primarily been written from the perspective of a real report and so references to rules are limited to comments in brackets. I had toyed with the idea of writing one report as a normal battle account and a second as rule reference version but decided in the end just to go with what actually happened (with some truly epic purple prose!) rather than how.
Certainly both the Amir and the Count preferred the latter option as they are, rather unusually to say the least, united in considering that rules, regulations and tables are generally considered to be the last province of the bookish dullard; at least in the social circles they habitually frequent….;-)

No comments: