Wednesday 19 October 2011

"Let's test again, like we did last summer...Whup,whup....Let's test again - testing time is here....!"

The train was as smooth as a ripe peach this morning and so I am cheerfully optimistic that this evenings test of the Naval War Game 1890 to 1920 will take place as planned. I was able to complete a few ship cards this morning during my journey and so I hope to complete the same later today. The only change is the choice of combatants as I am now reverting to Greeks versus Turks of the Balkan War vintage rather than Turks versus the Russians in the Black Sea during WW1. I also intend being rather more scientific about the testing program than on previous occasions and so plan to run a number of actions with varied forces to see how differing ship types fare against each other rather than having everything on the table from the word go. Common sense dictates that this is the correct approach to adopt but sadly my old friend common sense has been conspicuous by his absence of late!

I am rather excited at the prospect of this test for a number of reasons - not least of which is the fact it will be the first game in my new den and so will hopefully be worthy of the occasion!


No comments: