Monday 12 September 2011

Birthday Considerations aka Presenting Hints

Later this month (28/09) is my 51st birthday and I am in the happy position of having been allocated a budget to spend on a present of my own choice from my beloved (this will be duly wrapped up by SWMBO and opened on the day with the appropriate reverence due to such a solemn occasion). Also, again as usual, I have to make a decision as to what I want to get from the potential myriad of goodies I could happily throw great wads of cash at.

To be honest, I really used to struggle with this as I normally had so many things on the go that making a meaningful selection was very much dictated by the simple mechanic of the 'ooh shiny' syndrome or, more specifically, whatever was the newest and shiniest at the time!

This year is no exception up to a point but the list of 'must haves' is a good deal shorter than it has been in the past. Aside from the inevitable number of books seemingly always on the go I was hoping to acquire the Spanish expansion for Command and Colours Napoleonics but this is not out yet. The other main point of interest is the recently re released Airfix Sink the Bismarck! set of 1/1200th models. As a first purchase of this most welcome addition to the Airfix range I reckoned on needing six sets as the converting potential is really high with these and, as usual, I have a number of cunning plans for the models.

Then of course there is the boxed set of the six Star Wars films on Blue Ray....;-)

Decisions, decisions....(but pleasant ones for a change!)

4 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Lots of great choices there!

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

The die has been cast and the present Rubicon has been crossed - the order is in!

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

SIX sets!!!!!

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Do you not think that is enough then?

I could probably find uses for them all straight out of the box....;-)

All the best,

DC