Friday 14 January 2011

Long distance information, get me Memphis, Tennessee....


The Battle of Memphis depicted above was the second of two naval battles fought on the Mississippi and it saw the destruction of the Confederate River Defence Fleet by a combined Union squadron of gunboats and rams. The thing that caught my about this picture was the fact that the Confederate ram in the foreground has a gun mounted on the bow and the stern. As yet, my models do not and so I shall need to retroactively add some deck mounted artillery. The two General Price models I am working on (progress on which has been delayed simply due to work) are nearing completion and would have had a pair of deck guns mounted in any event but I am on the horns of a dilemma with this. Should I order some deck guns from Peter Pig from their Hammerin' Iron range or should I scratch build them? I have an idea of how to make these and will experiment over the next few days, failing that, an order to Peter Pig will swiftly follow.


We shall see....

2 comments:

SteelonSand said...

Ah! Deck guns- now you're talking - they should really bring the models to life - hoping to see pics of your own battle on the Mississippi soon!

David Crook said...

Hi SoS,

I have o try and work out best to make them first! I have an idea or two though; failing that an order to Peter Pig will be forthcoming!

Athe best,

DC