Sunday 14 March 2010

Boot Sales Back Again!!

For the first time this year (and to celebrate Mother's day!) we headed out to our first boot sale of the year. Sadly no great treasures were unearthed but I did manage to get two rolls of Fablon style self adhesive plastic in a cornflour blue shade. It has a slight sheen to it and is lighter than my existing cloth so I thought perhaps I could find a use for it as a naval wargames playing surface - perhaps stuck on some hardboard. It will take a permanent marker pen so will grid easily enough although it still seems a little on the dark side. I may see if there is anything I can do to lighten it but in any event it is a better shade than the dark blue cloth I have.

The two rolls are 2 metres by 45 centimetres and cost me, together with a roll of transparent self adhesive plastic (2 metres by 67.5 centimetres), the princely sum of £1.

No comments: