Saturday 20 February 2010

Balkan Wars Update


The Balkan Wars figures have had the first splash of paint applied and my journey into the use of acrylics has thus far been OK. All the foot figures have had the main colour added so the next step will be to break them down into smaller batches for the detail work. Despite my earlier mutterings on the subject I will be basing these in multiples rather than individually a la Morschauser. This will mean that they will tie in with the WW1 collection when that is rebased so that should I want to game hypothetically in 1912 with the British, French and Germans intervening then the forces will share a common basing system. These will be on 40mm frontages and 40 x 20mm will be the standard size for the infantry.
In the meantime I have posted a picture of the Turkish Battleship Messudieh - for no other reason that she is one of favourite Turkish vessels and is a lovely model in 1/3000th!

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Ogrefencer,

There is no reason why you still cannot use the figures with Morschauser's rules; just substitute his roster system for individual figures!

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob, My thoughts exactly although I am thinking about a novel approach for this based on where in the square the base is placed determining the strength of the unit. More of this in a further post once I have thought it through.

All the best,

Ogre