Saturday 16 May 2009

Axis and Allies: War at Sea WW2 Part 2

After a herculean effort last night I finished the 30 bases of aircraft to go with the WaS fleets. this consisted of 13 for the British - 4 each of Beaufighter, Barracuda, Halifax and Sea Hurricane, 12 for the Regia Aeronautica - 4 each of Folgore fighter, the three engined SM 79 and 4 Italian painted Stukas, 4 for the Germans - 4 Me 109 T (the version earmarked for use on the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier) and a single Betty for the Japanese. I mount these on 40mm square bases and label them as to type. The ships are also based, for no other reason than I think it looks better - I use mounting board and a coat of Humbrol Matt 25 and a blue ink wash followed by white waves and wakes dry brushed on. The labels are printed on the PC and the flags are 1/600th scale that I managed to persuade Tony at Brigade Models to produce. these are only for the ship bases though. I will try to post a picture or two of the fleets and associated air hopefully later today.

No comments: